August 7, 2008

Featuring: Sarah Redmond and Cocoon Urban Day Spa

If you read my previous post Cocooning Coordinators, you will know it was not too long ago that I blogged about this fabulous urban day spa name Cocoon in San Francisco. Well, for me to blog about the same place twice in 3 months says A LOT about this unique place. I know many of you are consistently checking out different blogs to find out what's new or what's cool out there. For those of you who are always interested in experiencing the next great thing in San Francisco, look no further--Cocoon is it!

I had a lunch date today with Sarah Redmond, founder of Cocoon Urban Day Spa, because I really wanted to know her 'story'. Opening up a brand new spa in San Francisco is no joke, especially in this economy. It didn't take long for us to warm up to one another, and I was so inspired by the energy and passion that she possessed. Born and raised in Ireland, she fell in love with San Francisco when visiting her brother here. Shortly after, she decided to take a leap of faith, packed her bags, and moved to a whole new country! Now if that isn't courageous, I don't know what is!

With her internationally recognized degree (CIDESCO) specializing in skin care and over 8 years of industry experience, Sarah opened up Cocoon Urban Day Spa in October 2007. Since then, her spa has been featured in Daily Candy, 7x7 Magazine, and many other publications. Yes, people do know a great thing when they see one! I am almost certain that anyone who's had a mani/pedi session at Cocoon would remain a loyal client forever. It really is THAT good!

I recently attended a presentation by stylist Jim Avila, and he made a comment that really caught my attention. He said, "Vanity is a form of self-respect." Whoa! That was a very powerful statement and it certainly got everyone in the audience thinking. Sarah echoed the same message to me today, and it made me realize that I spend so much time taking care of everyone else around me that I neglect myself! Well, it's time to change that!

After our lunch, Sarah herself gave me the best facial I've ever gotten. I've been trying to relax all week, but have not been able to. Whether I'm sleeping, or driving, or playing with my daughter, I can't seem to get work thoughts out of my mind! But today, Sarah had me in total relaxation mode. She custom picked a facial treatment for me--Oxyliance, based on my skin type and condition, which is so wonderful because I never know which ones are right for me when asked to choose.

I left the spa floating on air. It's amazing how a nice spa session can 'detox' a person from inside to out. I felt totally stressed-free, even though there was a ton of work waiting for me in the office, many emails to return, an 18 month old baby to pick up, and laundry waiting for me at home. It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment