November 10, 2008

Where in the world have I been?

It's been nearly a month since my last post and I've got a good excuse for my absence. I was traveling across the country with a 20 month old toddler! After my last wedding of the season, I took Bridgette to Hong Kong to visit friends and family for two weeks. Following that, we traveled to Tokyo for another 8 days with her cousin Brianne who is just three weeks older than her. Needless to say, it was quite an experience traveling with TWO toddlers. Fortunately, I must say that Tokyo is one of the most baby-friendly places I've traveled to and that certainly helped our stress level.

I had every intention to continue blogging during this trip, not realizing how difficult it really is to travel with small children. Well, we are finally ready to head home today, and here's my first and only post on this trip!

I'll definitely be posting more details of the trip but for now I am excited to share a few fabulous photos that Augie Chang took of Bridgette and Brianne in Tsukiji which is the famous fish market in Tokyo.

How did this come about? I'd love to say that I hired Augie to be our travel photographer but the truth is he was hired by someone else to shoot in Tokyo which just happened to be the same week that I was there. Augie was kind enough to take time out (with the consent of his clients) to shoot for us, which turned out to be an incredibly challenging experience because it was rainy, cold, and extremely crowded at the fish market that day. On top of that, try making two toddlers stand/sit still and be happy in front of the camera under such circumstances! I truly was able to see how wonderful Augie is with kids. No wonder his children photographs are SO awesome!! He can be really silly and goofy which makes kids bond with him almost immediately.

Augie sent me a few images of the shoot as a teaser, and I loved them already! I can't wait to see the rest of the photos.....




















































1 comment:

  1. What a small world! So cool that you and Augie were able to get together. Very cute pics. Have a safe and smooth trip home :o)

    ReplyDelete