March 24, 2009

Let's Help Tami

I overheard an interesting conversation one day. I was sitting next to two women in a coffee shop, and noticed they were reading a magazine on the top philanthropists in the world. They didn't seem very impressed as they shared the list of names out loud, and their consensus was:

"If I had as much money as them, I'd be very generous too, and would use a big portion of it helping people!"

I wasn't entirely surprised. I am sure many of us think that way.

If only I was rich, I would devote my life helping people!

Well, the reality is that for most of us, we'll never have the wealth of Bill Gates, or even Brad Pitt. But that should not stop us from taking action to help others. Even a simple gesture of helping an elderly person cross the street is nice. Let's all try to be a little more selfless, so we can make this world a better place to live in!

How would you feel if you saved the life of someone? This 'someone' that I want to refer to today, is a beloved mother, wife, daughter and a dear friend to many. Her name is Tami and I don't know her personally, but I have the greatest compassion for what she is going through.

I really urge you to read about Tami on her website, created by her dear cousin Stacie Tamaki. I hope you will consider taking action after reading it, like I did, by requesting a home test kit to be a marrow/stem cell donor. It is such a small act of kindness, that will make a world of difference to Tami and her family....especially her two young children who needs their mother very much!

Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment