March 13, 2009

Special Memories

It's amazing how refreshed I am feeling after being gone for just four days. Where did I go?

IDAHO!!

'What's in Idaho?' my friends ask curiously.

Well, for many people, they think of potatoes when they think of Idaho. But for my family and I, we relate this special state to a lot of fine memories. I spent three years there as a child, and they were the three most memorable years of my life.

After being away for 21 years, we finally decided to go back, to take a walk down memory lane.

The most special part for me, was being able to show my husband and daughter all the different places that were meaningful to me as a small child--the library that I spent many afternoons at, the elementary school that I attended, the home that I lived in, the restaurant that my parents owned, the ski resort where I learned to ski for the first time.....the list goes on and on. It almost felt surreal when I stood on the playground of my elementary school, watching my 2 year old daughter play.

We met up with friends whom we have not seen for years, and that was also wonderful. It made me recognize that I need to do a better job staying in touch with people that are special and meaningful to me. Kudos to facebook for helping me reconnect with many long lost friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment