September 1, 2009

Google Voice


My lovely husband is so sweet. Amongst other things, he is constantly trying to make my hectic life easier by introducing me to the newest gadgets and technology. I use to dread the learning curve it took to make things 'work', but I have to admit, once you get past that point it really is smooth sailing for the most part.

I am embarrassed to admit I have 5 different phone numbers. Home, home office, business office, cell phone, and a virtual 415 number because at one point, I came across many brides outside NorCal that appeared turned off that I didn't have a 'San Francisco' area code.

What does that mean? It means I have to check 5 different voice mails everyday, and definitely more than once a day. If I forget, or did not have time to do that, I run into the risk of returning calls LATE, and I hate that. My husband has been questioning my sanity for the longest time, constantly nagging me to cancel some of my numbers. 'Eventually I will,' I reassured him.

One day, he came home eager and excited to share with me the latest and greatest in technology--Google Voice. 'It's the answer to your ridiculous problem of owning 5 different numbers!' he said to me. Now THAT'S worth learning more about.....

'Google Voice is a service that gives you one number for all your phones, voicemail that is easy as email, and many enhanced calling features like call blocking and screening, voicemail transcripts, call conferencing, international calls, and more. It is currently available for GrandCentral users only, but will be open to new users soon'

I look forward to living with just ONE phone number soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment