March 2, 2011

A Princess Birthday Party

My little girl turned 4 last week, and I couldn't resist throwing a girly girl birthday party for her, themed 'Tulips and Tiaras Tea Party'! I had so much fun planning this, even though we spent several weeks on all the DIY projects. My inspirations came from Hello!Lucky's new book, Handmade Weddings, which is filled with crafty ideas and easy DIY instructions. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves craft projects!

I rented children size white chiavari chairs from Classic Party Rentals, which were absolutely adorable! In the past, we've used bean bags and floor pillows to set up separate kids' areas or rooms at a wedding, which has worked great, but I love the option now to do something a little more 'formal' with the chiavari chairs, so that the kids can feel like grown ups!

Here are some fabulous pictures that the talented Chung Li took at the party:







Chung is a fabulous wedding and event photographer who also happens to be exceptional at children and family portraits. He's got a real unobtrusive approach that makes people feel at ease in front of the camera.

It seems as if everybody owns a DSLR camera these days, but how many people really know how to use it? I know that I've owned mine for 4 years and have used the auto mode all along until recently. Chung offers full day workshops to teach amateur photographers on subjects that includes camera functionalities, lighting, composition, and more. Although I haven't personally been able to take it yet, many of my peers in the industry and personal friends have, and they all tell me it is an amazingly informative and useful class. His next one is coming right up, so be sure to sign up before he is sold out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment