June 28, 2013

Weddings at Valley Presbyterian Church in Portola Valley

I had a meeting with Cathy, the director at Valley Presbyterian Church in Portola Valley today, for an upcoming wedding that we have there. It's been several years since I had worked at the church, so it was very nice to get reacquainted with it. Nestled amongst redwood trees, this is definitely one of the nicest looking church to get married in. Cathy tells me that they do a lot of destination weddings at the church every year, for couples from Japan and other places around the world. I am not surprised. The floor to ceiling glass windows that make the backdrop for weddings is simply awe-inspiring, especially with the redwoods behind it!

Cathy also excitedly shared with me that the church is ready and eager to marry same sex couples as well, thanks to the Supreme Court rulings this week that legalized gay marriages in California. They hold a very progressive mindset at the church, and is in line with many of us in the wedding industry who is applauding and cheering for the "victory of love," as I like to call it.

I'm reminiscing on the last wedding that we did at Valley Presbyterian Church, for Emily and Leonard. Here's a great shot from Lisa Lefkowitz!






1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:07 AM

    You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something that I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post; I’ll try to get the hang of it!
    Austin Wedding Planners

    ReplyDelete