November 20, 2013

Celebrating our 11th Year

As with my own age, I've lost track on the number of years I've established my business...until I recently came across some paperwork which reminded me that Jubilee Lau Events is going into its 11th year in business!

We made it to the double digits! Wow! Now, that's certainly worth raising a glass to. As I reflect on the hundreds of weddings I've had the honor of planning in the past 11 years, I feel incredibly blessed. I mean, to be such a big part in one of the most important days in so many people's lives....well, those are some pretty amazing experiences that I get to call "my job".

Most people think being a Wedding Planner is really glamorous and fun. It is. But it's also not. In fact, the unglamorous parts definitely supersede the glamorous ones, which is why this business is like a revolving door. Wedding Planners come and go, because they come in thinking it'll be all about pretty things and food tastings, and gorgeous gowns. Then, they leave because a lot of our job is coming up with solutions for really hard problems, figuring out logistics, handling sensitive family dynamics, and then spending endless hours sourcing, spec'ing, organizing, and reorganizing for each one of our events. It's a business where, without heart and passion, you will easily get burned out after a couple of years.

During the past 11 years, I've had many opportunities to grow and expand my business, but I'm truly glad I've decided to keep it a small, boutique company. I get to remain in close touch with every one of our clients and weddings, even though I now have the most amazing team working alongside me for all my events. I like being remained involved with our events, especially on the day-of, because getting to see everything come together in fruition is one of the best parts of what we do. I also love witnessing my couples go down the aisle together. After engaging with them so closely on their planning for 6-12 months, they really do become friends to me, and it's hard to imagine not being there for their big moment!

Another perk of the job is getting to meet and to work with really diverse groups of people. From clients to our vendor partners, we cross paths with such interesting personalities on a daily basis! Many vendors have become known as "friendors" to us, and we also love staying in touch with our clients after the wedding to watch them journey off into newlyweds, parenthood, and beyond. We are truly grateful for the friendships that have been formed through our business, and look forward to many more in the future.

What's next for Jubilee Lau Events? With Gloria Wong of Gloria Wong Design as our Creative Director now, the recent launch of White Label, and the recent addition of Amanda Kong as our full-time Associate Planner, we're fueled up to provide the most comprehensive design + planning services for our clients, right here in the San Francisco Bay Area where we call home. We are also striving to go paperless in 2014 by utilizing the wonderful world of technology. There are other amazing projects in the works and we'll definitely be posting those as they evolve. If you'd like to keep up with our happenings, be sure to like us on Facebook, or follow us on Instagram and Twitter

Cheers to many more amazing weddings and events to come!

Left to right: Jubilee, Gloria, Ginger, Amanda | Photo by Lisa Lefkowitz











No comments:

Post a Comment