May 14, 2007

Motherhood is wonderful!

If you've read my previous posting, you will know that I just recently became a new mother. I celebrated my first Mother's Day as a MOM this past weekend and it was wonderful! Every year, I'm always busy planning nice Mother's Day brunches/dinners for my own mom and more recently my mother in law. This year was no exception. In the midst of my planning though, I realized that I am taking on a new role this year! We celebrated with my mom last week since she is travelling this week and I planned a nice dinner for my mother in law but I decided to keep the brunch/lunch time open.....secretly hoping I'd be surprised.

I was indeed surprised! Not only did I get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep (thanks to my husband for taking care of all the mid night feedings!) but I woke up to a vase of fresh tulips and a heart shape balloon next to my bed. My little Bridgette was next to me in bed with a bright yellow card attached to her tummy. It was the most delightful surprise and I couldn't stop laughing and smiling. I suspected that Bridgette had a little help there in putting all of that together....

It was a delightful day. We enjoyed a nice brunch as a family and took a stroll around the neighborhood in the most beautiful weather. I'm so thankful for the wonderful family that I have. I really can't ask for anything more!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! There is no harder job in this world, but it's also the most enjoyable and rewarding job of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment