May 2, 2007

Team F-A-B

One of the greatest delight of my job is getting to work with fabulous people. My passion is in matching my clients up with the best Event Professionals and I really appreciate my clients' trust in me to do that. I would definitely consider this one of my greatest strength as a Wedding Coordinator. To all the brides out there--it makes all the difference in the world when you have a strong team of Event Professionals working for you so don't be hesitant to pay a little more to hire experienced, ethical, fun, and all around FABULOUS vendors!

Last Saturday I had the pleasure of working with some of my all time favorite people. The wedding was at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and Kelly Mcleskey is definitely one of the BEST Catering Managers that I have worked with. Her energy, attention to detail, and sense of humor is just superb! The quality of food, cake and service were all extraordinary and they even ordered the perfect weather for us that day!

Kevin Chin photographed the wedding and he is AMAZING. His sense of calm and unobtrusive style really helps people to feel very comfortable in front of his camera. Because he is a film photographer, you will not see him snapping away like crazy. Instead, he is extremely observant with everyone and everything in front of his camera and he waits for that PERFECT moment before he presses his shutter. Kevin may not shoot thousands of pictures on a wedding day, but of the few hundred that he shoots the clients will love the majority of all the photos because they truly capture the special moments. For those who have been to Kevin's studio/loft, you will agree with me that it is like being in an art gallery. Mariko, the bride on Saturday, commented to me that seeing Kevin's photos is like seeing an art piece. You really take the time to admire it, and it will never go out of style!

Nancy Liu Chin was the floral designer for this wedding and as always, she did a phenomenal job. For those who are unfamiliar with Nancy please read my previous post on her as she is one of the most sought after floral designer in the Bay Area and there are good reasons why! She created a beautiful spring look for this wedding with flowers like tulips, hydrangeas, and roses. She also used wheat grass to add to the modern flair of the square and rectangular tables draped in a satin periwinkle linen. The couple loved Nancy so much that they invited her to stay for dinner as a guest. She is so loved and adored by all her clients!

Carl Mindling was the DJ and he is just superb! I work with him for over half my weddings every year and all my clients love him. He has the perfect balance of professionalism and fun, which is so important for a DJ! He never makes cheesy remarks or act as if the wedding is about him. He is extremely articulate, and is really good about reading a crowd which always help him to play the right music at the right time. No matter what generation your guests are from, you can depend on Carl to get them to strut their moves on the dance floor!

Lighting is often forgotten but let me tell you....it is the final mark of perfection for your reception site! You've spent a good amount of money on all the decor from flowers to linens to the chiavari chairs. The lighting will tie everything together beautifully and truly transform the room to create a WOW factor. If you don't have the budget to do pinspotting on the tables, at least do uplighting around the perimeter of the room, a pinspotting on the wedding cake, and a gobo projection on the dance floor. When my clients walked into the room for the first time that day, they were in awe at how beautiful the room looked and they thanked me a million times for talking them into doing the lighting. It is worth every penny! Enhanced Lighting was the company that did the lighting for this wedding and they pretty much do the lighting for all my events! Megan and John Woods are the dynamic duo behind this company and they are just wonderful, wonderful people to work with. They can also do draping as well!

Nellie Muganda was the makeup/hair stylist for the bride, her mother, and her Matron of Honor. Nellie has her own line of makeup and she is so good at enhancing a person's feature. Instead of making them look like a totally different person, Nellie is careful to keep her clients looking natural and very much like themselves except with enhanced features. She also has a terrific personality and great sense of humor, which is important because she is the first vendor that a bride will see on her wedding day! Nellie is sought after by even the celebrities and was recently commissioned to do John Travolta's makeup!

Saturday's wedding was as close to perfect as you can get on a wedding day. My clients Mariko and Matt could not have been happier and I refused to take all the credit for it. I had a fabulous, fabulous team to work with!!

(The photos here were taken by me, and I cannot wait to see Kevin's photos!)

www.kevinchin.com
www.nancyliuchin.com
www.reachcarl.com
www.enhancedlighting.com
www.nejacosmetics.com
www.fairmont.com/sonoma

No comments:

Post a Comment