December 12, 2008

A Special Deliver-E

I am super excited to discover this service and would like to share it with all the brides and grooms out there!

Special E is a 'green' service that rescues leftovers from flowers to food to beverages from meetings, special events, and weddings and recycles them in ways to save our planet and people in need.

Example: They will come at the end of your event and rescue leftover to be brought to food banks, soup kitchens, and emergency shelters. Floral arrangements and centerpieces would be brought to nursing homes and hospitals.

I think it's such an awesome service. As a planner, I stay long after all the guests have left to oversee the break down and clean up process. It makes me sad to see flowers that are still fresh and beautiful get tossed in the trash. It's even more disheartening to see food and cake be dumped, knowing how many hungry people there are out there.

There is a fee associated with the service, and you would need to contact them to see if they service your area and what the fee would be. Couples should definitely work this into their budget!

http://thespeciale.com/index.html

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:05 PM

    Oh my gosh, it's about time! Every time I leave a wedding, I wonder about the beautiful flowers and what'll happen to all the leftover yummies...Thanks for sharing, Jubilee!

    ReplyDelete