January 8, 2009

Happy 2009!


I feel the same way as everyone else....I can't believe we are into 2009 already! It didn't seem too long ago when we were all excited about the millenium but that was almost 10 years ago...

Oprah is dedicating the entire week of her show to The Best Life, encouraging viewers to put some focus back on the 'self' by putting aside some 'me time' on our to do list everyday. I'm totally up for that, and agree that we often brush our own needs aside without realizing it. The beginning of the year is always a great time to rethink our priorities in life. At the end of the day, remember it's all about being happy.

To celebrate the new year, I want to share with all of you some wonderful memories and accomplishments of 2008 and my resolutions and goals for 2009.

5 things I am most proud of and happy about for 2008:

1. Hired an AMAZING new Production Lead, Amanda Chan. She has been instrumental in the success of the many complicated weddings that I worked on last year.

2. Partnered with the very talented Gloria Wong Tritasvait of Sash and Sugar on two fabulous weddings. It really proved that the dynamics of a team is extremely important. We had a great time working together, especially on the day-of.

3. Rented a new office space in Redwood City. Special thanks to John Woods for his patience and help in putting up the drapery and chandeliers. This has become my second home, and certainly raised my productivity level!

4. Had several of my weddings featured (or confirmed that it will be featured) in various publications: Julie and Jay's wedding was featured in Today's Bride, a photo of Sara and John's wedding was featured in Susie Coelho's new book Style Your Dream Wedding, Katie and Eric's wedding will be featured in The Knot, Emily and Leonard's wedding will be featured in Brides Magazine, and a photo (or two) of Alisha and Ryan's wedding will be featured in Grace Ormonde.

5. Treated my mom and my mother in law to a fabulous trip to Tokyo. Thank you to both of them for their love and dedication in helping me raise my little Bridgette!

Now it's time to make my 5 resolutions....as I do every year, but I truly, honest to God, will stay committed this time!

1. Begin and stick to a regular exercise routine

2. Eat healthy--as Oprah says, we need to make smart choices in the food that we eat

3. Spend more time with my family (a good balance in life is important to me!)

4. Produce more educational seminars to benefit brides and grooms and the wedding industry as a whole

5. Be successful in executing an exciting new project that has been in the making for 2 years.....(sorry, I cannot disclose any information on this yet, but stay tuned.....)

Cheers to a fabulous 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment