April 6, 2009

Are you...Chewing the Cud?

I'm still trying to think of the right words to describe the oh-so-talented and brilliant Viola Sutanto of Chewing the Cud. I mean, C'MON, the name of her company alone tells you how clever this girl is!

When I first met Viola, I was immediately struck by her sincerity. Soft-spoken and sweet, but with a fire and passion in her eyes as she described her business to me. In hindsight, I now know how incredibly HUMBLE she was at that first meeting. Many people in the wedding industry know her as an extraordinarily talented invitation designer but she is actually much more than that. Clients hire her to create an entire concept for their wedding design! Viola's own wedding was featured in numerous print and online publications and I absolutely LOVE her clever concept designed around her favorite book-- To Kill a Mockingbird.

I had the opportunity to work closely with Viola for The Wedding University, and the more I got to know her the more she amazed me. She is not only a really creative designer, but also very smart and savvy when it comes to branding. She is a quiet force and I respect and love her tremendously.

We are working on a special project together, which I cannot WAIT to show the world. For now, you've GOT TO see her fabulous work here!

I recently had the chance to see her new loft space in San Francisco, and thought it would be fun to post some photos of her 'at work'!

Viola spends a lot of time here, 'in production' for her many projects

Here is Viola at her workstation...as you can see, she loves what she does!


The last picture that you see above, shows you that Viola is not ALL about work. I really admire her ability to live a well balanced life. She makes time for morning runs along the pier, basketball on weekends, and fresh flowers from the Ferry Building's farmer's market! No wonder she is so full of inspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment