March 28, 2008

A Delightful Afternoon

Last week, one of my brides from 2007 invited me to afternoon tea at Lovejoy's Tea Room in San Francisco. Eileen got married last November at the Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay. To thank me and her team of Event Professionals for helping to make her dream wedding come true, she organized this tea for us. What a delightful surprise when I received the invitation!

Unfortunately, many of the Event Professionals whom she invited were not able to make it that day but Debra Hertzog, Senior Catering Sales Manager at the Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay, and Susan Morgan, owner of Elegant Cheesecake, and I happily joined Eileen for tea at the adorable tea house. Lovejoy Tea Room is located in Noe Valley in the city. It's a really cute, intimate tea house filled with eclectic furnishings. We were seated comfortably on plushy couches in a cozy corner, and we enjoyed a blend of delicious teas with an astounding mix of tea sandwiches and pastries. My favorite were the scones with the double devon cream--YUMMY!! The toasted crumpets with lemon curd were also mouth-watering! Directly across the street is Lovejoy's Attic, where one can buy any (or all!) of their tea, china cups, teapots, and a lot of little nick nacks. It would be awfully hard not to bring something home from there!

Eileen is an amazing woman. She was the first female firefighter in San Francisco and is now a fire investigator for the fire department. She has such a great balance of strength and sensitivity, and is one of the most genuine and gracious person I've ever met. I am so honored that I got to be her Wedding Coordinator, and to help make her wedding day as perfect as she remembers it to be.

http://www.lovejoystearoom.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment