March 17, 2008

My Clients, My Friends...

I met Samantha and Alvin a little over two years ago when they hired me to plan their wedding at the Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay. We clicked instantly, and had so much fun during the wedding planning process. Every single vendor, including the staff at the Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay, agreed that they were one of the BEST couples to work with...ever! They had a very clear vision of their wedding, yet they were so open to ideas from the Professionals that they hired. They were also incredibly fun, considerate, and appreciative. What more can you ask for from a client? Most importantly, they had their priorities straight. They never lost sight of what their wedding was about--two very in-love people committing to one another for life, and two very loving families joining together as one. I still remember their wedding day as if it was yesterday, and the way everybody cried as Alvin read the vows that he wrote.

Needless to say, we remained good friends even after the wedding. This past weekend, they invited my husband, my daughter, and I to their new home in Redwood Shores for dinner. Joining this dinner party was Chuck and Jewel Savadelis, the fabulous cinematographers that shot their wedding, and another couple Atsuko and David. It was a wonderful evening....good company, delicious food, and serene setting (they live right by the water side!). I feel so lucky to be in this profession, because I get to meet so many special people. I never lose sight of the business aspect of the relationship as I plan their wedding, because I expect myself to act professionally and to do the best possible job for them....but at the same time I really value and appreciate the bond and friendship that is developed along the way.

Thank you Sam and Alvin!!


No comments:

Post a Comment