May 26, 2008

Cocooning Coordinators

We Wedding Coordinators have highly stressful jobs, so to create a balance for ourselves we are constantly on the look out for places to relieve our stress. Recently I came across a new urban day spa name Cocoon in downtown San Francisco. The name caught my attention, and I fell in love with its chic brown and pink logo. I called them up to inquire about a mani/pedi session and found myself chatting with the owner, Sarah Redmond. Sarah invited me into her spa and indulged me in their famous Cocoon Manicure. It started off with an exfoliating hand scrub, followed by nail and cuticle care, steam, paraffin dip and some serious massaging. I was in heaven.

Not only was the experience amazing, but the outcome was beyond any manicure I've ever gotten in my life and I've been to some pretty top spas in the world! Vicky was the devoted manicurist that serviced me that day, and I was thoroughly impressed. Never had my nails looked SO perfect!

Sarah also gave me a thorough tour of her spa. They have a neat retail corner featuring local designers, a yoga area with highly seasoned instructors, waxing rooms, facial rooms, and single/couple massage rooms. I noticed the cleanliness in every corner, and the serene environment to help their customers truly relax.

When it came time to plan a small baby shower for my fellow colleague, Alice Grisez of Grisez & Co., I immediately selected Cocoon. It was the perfect opportunity to get my group of Wedding Coordinators together to share a special afternoon. The wedding season is already in full swing, and we all need some pampering!

Upon arrival we were offered champagne and strawberries. We selected our polish colors and flopped down on their spacious, comfy reclining seats. Ahhhh, a moment of relaxation! We all enjoyed our own mani/pedi treatments while we caught up with each other's lives, and helped Alice celebrate the wonderful journey ahead of her. After that, we headed downstairs to Local Kitchen, a restaurant and wine bar that serves fresh, Californian cuisine. The truffle and parmesan fries are out of this world, and they have very interesting wine selections! It's the perfect place to lunch with your girlfriends after an amazing mani/pedi session!

www.cocoonurbandayspa.com
www.local-sf.com


Jean and Morgan with their champagne and Jenne modeling in her new hat!

Alice opening up her gifts and our group (from left to right) Jenne, Rebekah, Jean, Me, Alice, Morgan

Jenne, Morgan and Alice relaxing and the beautiful outcome of our pedicures!

1 comment: