June 1, 2009

Sweet Times

I love it when I discover fabulous places with fabulous experiences so that I can have fabulous recommendations for my fabulous clients. I just wrote 'fabulous' 4 times in one sentence!

Last week, I had a 'business' meeting scheduled with Jean Marks and Viola Sutanto and Viola was brilliant enough to suggest Crown and Crumpet as the place for us to meet. Experiencing Crown and Crumpet had been on my 'to-do' list for quite some time, but who has time for high tea when you've got a 2 year old right? Well, it made total sense to kill two birds with one stone, so off to the lovely new tea salon I went to get some business done!

Crown and Crumpet is located inside Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco and it is by far the MOST stylish tea house I've been to. The moment I walked in, I felt giddy. The vibrant decor was so cheery, with polka dot tablecloths, shabby chic furniture, and a cute gift shop in the corner.

As soon as we finished snapping a million pictures of every angle of the tea salon, we settled at a table and were greeted by Holly--our 'Trolley Dolly'. Since all three of us had a late lunch, we ordered the 'Tea for Two' to share, with one extra pot of tea. It was so hard to choose our individual tea flavors since they had such a superb variety. I finally settled on Blue Eyes, which is a caffeine-free tea bringing hibiscus, rose hips, orange, and apple together with delicate sky-blue cornflower blossoms. It was very light and fruity--perfect for my palette.

Our Tea for Two came with a variety of tea sandwiches, scones, crumpets, and mini tartlets and brownies--all VERY delicious. Now isn't this a much better setting to discuss business for creative professionals?

Crown and Crumpet is a great place to host bridal showers, baby showers, or other girly girl events. Although they do not have a private room for special events, they are able to section one part of the tea salon off to create an intimate space, and you even get a beautiful view of the bay!

1 comment:

  1. this place looks like so much fun! next time I'm in the City, I'll be dropping by for some tea and cookies!

    ReplyDelete